Investing in REITs: Real Estate Investment Trusts
Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), which provide some of the best total returns in the investment world, along with above-average dividend yields and stable earnings, have become increasingly popular with both individual and institutional investors. Investing in REITs, Fourth Edition has established itself as the definitive guide to understanding this attractive asset class. The book is invaluable for investors, financial planners, and investment advisers interested in understanding REITs and REIT investment opportunities.
As their earnings and dividends are beginning to grow again after the Great Recession—and as they are in a unique position to take advantage of distressed sale opportunities—now is an excellent time for investors to consider REITs for both diversification and strong total returns. The new edition covers:
- A comprehensive history of the REIT industry
- How REITs compare with other competitive investments
- How to spot blue-chip REITs and control investment risk
- How to value individual REIT stocks, and REIT shares generally
- How to build a diversified REIT portfolio, directly or with REIT mutual funds
- Understanding the risk-and-reward dynamics of commercial real estate
- Assessing non-US REITs and how to invest in them
- Important new developments and strategies in the REIT industry
Author Ralph L. Block, who has been investing in REIT stocks for 40 years and is widely considered a leading authority on REITs, brings the historical success of Investing in REITs right up to date. This book is an essential read for both individuals and institutions who desire to invest in commercial real estate through REIT stocks.